M/44/6'0" [175lbs to 190lbs to 185lbs] (4 years)

lauds

https://preview.redd.it/8j3ohwv6qji...bp&s=bad3a66f91461abc66ace238657a8b785fdb3c9e

New here, found this sub after getting a little frustrated with a couple of different subs where I could never get a post to actually post due to insane rules. Anyway, I thought this was an interesting timeline (2016 to Today), that might inspire some other middle-aged dudes. Back in 2016, I got in lean shape for a climbing trip...shortly after returning home I became an expert at making excuses for becoming a drunk turd; kid to deal with, working too much, stress, no time, I'm tired, I'll start tomorrow, I'm not as out of shape as some of my friends...on, and on and on. Finally, I made up mind that the excuses not to get in better shape could be the same excuses to get off my ass. I can tell you that it has been harder in my 40's than it was in my late 30's but, way more rewarding. Stress is down, I am not as tired, confidence is up, work is more successful, sex life is better, and I am more durable to do the things I enjoy in the outdoors. My goals changed. I am not looking for the beach body. I just want to be an animal at my pastimes...and not just be in good shape "for my age." What in the hell was I waiting for? I still have work to do, but this is a good start.

@dawn16 Have a plan for carbs. I only eat a small amount in the morning, post work out. I eat, I eat a lot, and I eat clean. Heavier weights, core work outs, at a fast enough pace that I don’t have to dedicate time to pure cardio. Nothing fancy or glamours. Just consistency.

@lauds I fell into a similar trap re: the dru k turd (36, F here). Glad to see posts like this. I'm slowly working my way back now. Looking good!

Back