Made the most AMAZING protein pancakes yesterday!

eyeq

Recipe:
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup of oats
  • 1 egg
  • 1 scoop chocolate ON protein powder
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 2 TBSP peanut butter
Blend banana, egg, oats and protein powder together. Butter a pan and cook pancakes like normal. Makes about 3 medium pancakes. Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30 second then spread on top.

Turned out like this!

Adds up to be about 600 calories, 57 g of carbs, 32 g of fat and 45 g of protein total. I had a lot of leftover calories yesterday and decided to splurge on this! This would also make an excellent snack if eaten as a single pancake at a time.

@eyeq This may vary with your ingredients, but I calculated the calories at 663. But I used half a TBSP of butter instead of a whole TBSP, and that brought it down to 612.

Have to say, these taste/feel a lot better than I was expecting. Thanks for the recipe! I did add a little bit of baking soda, but haven't made them without so can't say if that improves them or not. Mine came out very fluffy.

@eyeq I've made a really similar version, with 1 banana, two eggs, 2 tbsp peanut butter, scoop of protein powder, and a bit of baking soda to make them fluffy. Works equally well as pancakes ANNNNND comes out cleanly in my waffle maker!

Sometimes I'll add a tsp of flax or chia if I feel like I'd need some extra fibre in my day.

@genxjeff I thought they were very similar to normal pancakes actually. I blended the crap out of them and I have a ninja blender, so maybe that helped? They were very fluffy pancakes