Making progress in weight loss!💪🏾 SW: 123.7 / CW: 119.8 / GW: 115

keisparks22

For one, this is my second time posting in this group, but I am so excited and happy for this community! I feel heard and felt.

I’m 4’11.5” (some say I’m 4’11, some 5’0 so we’ll go in between). I’m currently 119.8lbs. I started my workout journey at the end of November 2020. I am always on and off of working out. I started with doing sports in high school, much of my conditioning came from track. After that I made it a priority to maintain my physique the best I could throughout the years. I could easily tell when I gained weight and needed to start losing (it’s been about 3 times seriously in the last 5 years). During those times I gained between 5-10 lbs. my ideal weight is between 110-115.
Even though I lost the weight, one of those times, I realized I lost TOO much and did not gain enough muscle. I looked so small 😭 borderline underweight.

So during this yearly weight gain blitz, I am older and more disciplined. My diet is important and so it working out. I do not follow a strict diet, but I make efforts to eat nutritious foods and limit carbs that are so easy for me to eat. I think being mindful of the carbs I drink have a serious effect. I also don’t drink soda. Mostly water and juices.
Workout-wise, I’ve been strength training and enjoying it. My goal is working out every other day. However, I’ve taken two rest days before and worked out three days in a row! Either way, I’m satisfied!

I have lost weight. It was very slow until recently but it seems to have sped up a lot lately! Here’s how my weight has been!

November 30- 123.7lb
same weight until (didn’t work out; spent holidays at home) 🔽
January 14-121.6
January 19- 121.0
January 23- 123.6
January 25- 120.6
January 27- 119.8

How’s everyone’s fitness journey going? How are you staying motivated? What’s your weight transition looking like?

@keisparks22 Congrats on your hard work! I'm the same height and I know it can be slow. I've been working out consistently for about six weeks and it has been feeling good. I've just started IF though - I'm a snack binger and I think the strict cut off time at the end of the day will help me there. Also looking forward to going outside for walks in the spring! Keep at it!

Back