Month of April 1,000,000 pushups challenge. Come join us!

meshaa

You might remember past posts like this one made by another member of our community, @billyheir, but since he is currently unavailable, he asked me to post it instead.

Looking to improve your physical shape? Want to start building a good habit of routinely exercising whatever your personal reason may be? Looking for a group full with positive minded people? Come join us on this pushup challenge, we've grown to be sort a family throughout the months of talking and we support each other on our endeavours!

The objective of this group is to do a combined total of one million pushups during the course of a month. However our goal is to help improve everyone's health and motivate each other to start or continue their personal fitness journey. On those days where you're just not really feeling it and want to skip the day, sometimes checking the sheet and seeing all the people working out and logging their pushups all over the world cna help get the mind into working out, at least one set we'll see what happens after that one...but at least that one set is done!

In this post I invite you all to join us for the coming month of April 2023 pushups challenge, we did a total of 144k+ pushups in the month of March. If you haven't seen this before, we are just a bunch of people that do pushups and keep track of the process on a Google sheet. We are active on the sheet and we also have a discord server which you are more than welcome to join! You can find the invite links of the group and the sheet later on in this post, and the discord invite link on the top row of the Google sheet.

We motivate each other to be more active and take some rest days if you're starting to feel some aches. We also have some channels in our discord server to wind down, where we share our personal goals success stories, an off-topic channel where people usually talk about their hobbies like gaming, a food channel where we share our meals/diets, food ideas, etc.

We also have discord games and challenges!
1. There's a daily challenge for beginners and intermediates with a different number of pushups to do that day plus an extra exercise suggestion not related to pushups to diversify a bit.
2. We have a random daily challenge where if you're online you might get challenged to do a number of pushups in a set time, the more you complete, the harder they get with time!
3. We added two defeatable monsters, one to track pushups and one to track pullups, with many added features to come!
4. Lastly you can now challenge individual discord users that are online to a versus challenge.
We have many features in our discord server to help gamify the fitness journey if that seems like your preference!

By joining this group, we will help you be more active with your workouts! Of course, we don't recommend focusing your workout around pushups, it's best to have a balanced workout and include pushups in said workout, or if you don't have much time to workout just rip out a cheeky set every day, it only takes an average of a minute to do 10 pushups ;)
But if you're seeing this post and don't currently have a workout, doing pushups is a great way to get started, plus, you don't need a gym membership to do them. Improve your fitness level and help us reach the 1M pushups!

The rule is simple, do your pushups, however you like to count them and whatever type of pushup you want to do, on the wall? Knees down? Classic? Decline? Handstand? They're all welcomed! This is based on honour system, just do them and log them on the sheet.

++Request to join this group++ The group is the only way to gain access to the sheet, the maximum allowable shares on the sheet is capped out:

https://groups.google.com/g/push-ups-sheet

You need to join this group that I manage, you will be able to gain access to the sheet once you're in this group. Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Here is the link for the sheet directly, as previously stated the invites are maxed out and you have to join the group first. You can also see the progress of the pervious months in the sheets with the appropriate names (Feb2023, Jan2023, etc.):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBn9diObqs0Sz-ouS-iP63IZ5hu5GcsL73G5dVQxWqo/edit?usp=sharing

Once you gain access to the sheet, you just enter your name on the left column (you can change your font and colours as you please too) and input the amount of push ups you have done on the highlighted cell for the day, everything will be added in the end, total by day, total by player, absolute total, number of pushups to the next rank...there's some neat features and stats implemented in the Google sheets. The Google sheet is continuosly being improved and worked on by a group of people, based on suggestions posted in the discord. This is a complete honour system for the pushups, do them however you like, on your knees, incline, decline, diamond, weighted, handstand, dips however you consider it as a push up for yourself. I have discovered many pushup variants since I started this monthly challenge.

The objective is 1,000,000 push ups but it's the daily participation and commitment to some form of movement or exercise that we are looking for in the end, during the time this challenge has been active we've also included a pullup section because enough people were asking for an extra exercise to log, but there's no goal to achieve with pullups unlike the 1M pushups. The people that continuously do 20 push ups a day motivate me greatly to push myself to do my pushups, even when I feel a bit tired like I should have a rest day I somewhat make it an active rest day and get some movement going which also helps me rest better during the night.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has been participating with this pushup challenge, met a lot of great people along the way. I look forward to seeing some new faces and I'm excited to continue this journey wherever it takes us.

Thank you for reading! :)