Need advice on a new fitness lifestyle

thejacobhouse

Hey fam. I need some proper insight before I go mad. Ive worked out most of my life but the past 3 years I’ve been riddled with small-medium injuries (L wrist , R elbow, shoulder and knee problems) so I cut everything out to mend. I’ve been going to PT which helps but I’ve doing tile for 16 years + working out, skateboarding & climbing so my body has kinda been through it. So after 3ish years of inactivity, it’s begun taking a psychological toll on me. So I need to get back in it somehow. Should I just use exercise bands or take up swimming? Appreciate any insight.

@thejacobhouse hey fam! I understand the frustration of dealing with injuries that have affected your ability to stay active. I have been dealing with a shoulder injury, it sucks so I can relate.

exercise bands are great for rehabilitation and strength training, while swimming provides a low-impact full-body workout. either works imo, but start slowly, listen to your body, and gradually increase intensity. don't think you can really go wrong.

Back