godschild67042

hey yall,

so idk if this is the right subreddit to ask, but for context:

i am a 20 y/o woman, 5'6 and and abt 98/99 pounds currently. I am pretty skinny in all parts of my body EXCEPT my stomache. I have a bit of flab on my stomach, and on top of that i bloat like crazy, and its not porpotional.

For the past almost month, ive been going to the gym every other day, and working a job that requires me to walk alot, so i get about 15k steps a day. When im in the gym i start with cardio (run for 10-15 mins, usually consistent 3.9 or 4.5 speed, and 15 incline) and burn abt 150-170 cals, then for each day i focus on one body part:

arms -- treadmill (with the incline and stuff) and back(lat pulldowns (do like 10 3 reps) ,arm pulls (the thing where u pull weights with arms straight also same amount of times, try some bicep curls, then i do like regular arm workouts with dumbells). then i finish off with stairmaster on 9 speed for 10 mins

legs--- treadmill (leg press, leg curl up, the other one like leg curl up but opposite, the lying down leg curl up, then stairmaster 10 mins on 9 speed

i alternate through these two each of the 5 days, and on top of that, EVERYDAY, i do a ab workout which consists of the usual weighted russian twists, side and regular planks, moutain climbers, in and out cruncgesm weighted leg sit ups, weighted regular sit ups. But for some reason i see results on my arms, a bit on my legs (i can press heavier) (more toned) but my stomache looks the same?? I also am on a bit of a calorie deficit, i eat overnight oats for breakfast, have protein smoothies, eat fruits and my red meats, and purely drink water and sometimes ollipops. Should i workout more, (everyday), or is this just a genetic thing i cant get rid of? Ive been dealing with this issue for so long, also sorry for long post, but i need advice.

@godschild67042 Im fairly new to the whole dieting/workout grind. So im just gonna share what ive been doing along with some info ive learned and maybe it can help. your stomach/love handles are one of the last places to lose fat. Just because youre working abs, doesnt mean its gonna burn off the extra “flab” on your stomach. Those calories being burned more than likely are going somewhere else. My opinion is composite lifts are very important (bench, squat, deadlift). They can also help train your core, so you could knock some core lifts out. Id also recommend trying to piece together a workout routine that is well rounded. Meaning if youre training legs for that day, add exercises that hit all muscle groups. I imagine you dont eat red meat everyday, so if youre not eating chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds (or other nuts) for proteins and throw some greens in for fiber then id suggest that too. Im again, not a nutritionist or like a body builder but these have helped me trim 12 pounds in a month or so

@confiteor Very helpful thank you! I haven’t done benchpresses or squats that much because it gets very packed, so I usually do weighted workouts and use dumbbells for arm workouts….for excersises that target all, what do you reccomend I do? Like excersises that work the whole body?

@godschild67042 Sorry for the late response, been pretty busy lol. Other than deadlift, im not sure there is a specific lift that works the whole body. What i meant by hitting all muscle groups is doing 2-4 different accessories lifts that will hit those muscles that the composite lifts aren’t focusing on. Like after you do your squats(quads), try to hit your hamstrings, and calves as well. I usually do around 4 exercises that targets a specific muscle. So if im doing a push day (chest and shoulder) ill try to hit 4 chest exercises and 4 shoulder exercises

@confiteor thank you for this. I feel like i shouldve incoroportaed more musicle groups for each day, especially since I dont go everyday. I wish I had like a detailed list of what to do so I don't feel stupid.

Back