Need Help On Workout Routine For Shoulders | Beginner?

loneranger

Hi! I am currently a teenage male with a height of 5'9" and a weight of roughly 66kg (Endomorph body but I'm pretty lean). I am really new to building muscle and I really want to focus on my shoulders. My question is, how do you actually do it? How many times a week should I work out and for how long? What specific exercises should I do? I'm sorry for all the questions; it's just that I'm overwhelmed by what to do :((

P.S. Is there an alternative to push-ups? I can barely do any. Besides push-ups, I'm fine with other exercises. My only goal right now is to work on my shoulders. Thank you!

@loneranger Start here. Click through until you find a routine you like. The r/fitness beginner routine probably makes the most sense for you.

Once you’ve read up how to do the routine, and under what conditions to move onto an intermediate routine, follow the instructions and run it all the way through.

Boostcamp and lift vault are the best sources of generally well reviewed routines online.

Don’t worry about working hard on any one body part as a beginner. Just get generally stronger and your body will sort itself out.

——-

If you struggle with a particular exercise (like push ups), look up regressions of that exercise. For machines and free weights, the regression is usually just using less weight. For push ups it would be to incline your body to make them easier to do. This would mean leaving your feet on the ground, and putting your hands on a chair for example.

@leoriofarel This actually really helped me! Thank you! I sometimes wonder how to start since it's kinda overwhelming due to all the workouts and the terms that I don't understand but rn I'm actually getting it. Thanks!