Need Help With Goals, Time Frame And Calories

klf45

I’m struggling to reliably stick to my cut calories (been aiming for 2250 a day, getting binging cravings). Wondering if I’m trying to cut too fast leading to my being hungry and the binging. I’m 31 Male, 204 pounds, looking to get down to ~170 pound. I lift 4 days a week and do some cardio/low intensity walking 7 days a week. Also hit at least 10 K steps and burn ~ 1000 active calories according to my Apple Watch. I’m also eating at least 130 Grams of protein a day. How much weight should I be aiming to loose a weight to maintain as much muscle as possible while also reducing my issues with hard to control cravings and binging. What’s a good time frame for this amount of weight loss (about 34 pounds). Based on my stats/exercise how many calories would you suggest I eat on my cut?

@klf45 A dude who seemed to know what he was talking about told me losing 1-1.5 lbs/week ought to let you keep most if not all your muscle. I’d pick an achievable calorie goal you can hit consistently and adjust accordingly to try and get in that 1 lb/week range.

Good luck

@klf45 What is your diet like? You can get a good bit of food for 2,250 calories if you're eating fresh produce/lean meats/fish/whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta -- has more protein and fiber than white rice/pasta which can help with satiety.)

Are you eating 2,250 calories and then burning 1,000 or is 2,250 your net?

Small disclaimer, smart watches tend to over estimate calories burned. So keep that in mind (if you aren't already) regarding your burned calories.

@klf45 Try eating 1800 calories a day and lift/cardio at least 4 days a week. Give it time and stay committed and you will get there.

@beatye My issue is sticking with it. I’m already feeling restricted on 2250 a day and end up over eating or sometimes outright binging.

@klf45 Best I can say is make sure you are drinking enough water through the day - at least 100 oz a day. Prioritize protein - it keeps you fuller. There is no answer other then you need to be in a calorie deficit.

If you want to eat more - fine. But to lose you need to really bust it during your workouts/daily activities. Like burning 500+ calories.

Back