Never been in the gym

briony

I do push ups sit ups and pull ups in my room and want to get in the gym I haven’t done any working out for a while I’m in Italy going to school but when I get home I want to get in the gym I have no idea where to start beside just curls bench press and squats I’ve done some research but every YouTuber does a different routine I’m 22 145lb 6’0” I’m trynna gain muscle but every person has a diet and a unique routine I’m kinda just overwhelmed with what workouts to do what to eat if anyone has advice that would be great if this post is annoying or spam just ignore it ig I’m still gonna get in the gym just without a clue on what to do 😂

@briony Protein powder and creatine will help build muscle as far as supplements go. I’d recommend getting a fitness app like my fitness pal. You should also research the best exercise for each muscle group. They’ll give you a good starting point. Below are my recs

Biceps: hammer curls, regular curls, barbell or ez bar curl,

Back: pull ups ( also work biceps, can add weight if you really want a challenge), rows ( preferably machines at first to be safe), pull downs, etc.

Legs: squats, leg curls, hip thrusts, lunges, leg press.

Very basic, but a good starting point

@briony Hey, don’t get too far into what other people are doing, I’m new to the gym and fitness life as well and I know how you feel. What’s worked for me is finding the key points I need to use: increasing my protein intake (you can Google a protein intake calculator to gauge how much you should be eating a day) but I still struggle to get to that number myself, what’s important is that you’re eating healthy and balanced, you need a good amount of protein but also fiber and carbs. Figure out how to make these changes easy to incorporate into your routine and lifestyle. It doesn’t have to be perfect, as long as it’s consistent. Same goes for the actual exercise, how many days a week can you be in the gym? That will determine how you workout, for me it’s 3 days so I work out legs and glutes one day, back and abs, and then chest arms and shoulders. I look to people who put emphasis on good form over anything else, and if you need to change how you workout overtime to accommodate your goals that’s fine. You can start small and work your way up to more intense training. There are multiple ways to workout and no one is better than the other, they’re just different and made for different goals. The only thing that matters is that you do it consistently, so find what works to make it something you like doing for yourself.