dannqanes

THICK 'N QUICK

Points Available: 100

Sunday afternoon

For time:

4 rope climbs

3 overhead squats (245 / 165 lb.)

Time Cap: 4 minutes

@dannqanes This is such a horrible workout and I'm sure /r/fitness will freak. But as a crossfit and CrossFit Games fan, I am so looking forward to watching this!

@veranup I hate how the announcers keep sucking Castro's dick about this. "He's so creative, he's so sneaky, great programming!"

It doesn't take creativity to say "umm Grace... AND DOUBLE IT!"

@veranup The way he toys with them pisses me off. Just tell them straight up its double. If I was a competitor I'd be pissed. He tries to increase the suspense but all he does is make himself seem like a d-bag. He's the worst part of crossfit.

@veranup Yeah, I thought that too right when double Grace was announced. But in the interview after he won his heat he said he was excited about it.

Maybe he's trying to be extra nice to Castro when on camera, or maybe it's nothing.

@dannqanes I don't really care what people think about crossfit, it's a new thing, I'm sure people questioned American football back in the day. 60 power cleans and push jerks at 135# are maybe dangerous for the average person, but these guys will be fine.

What does worry me is Dave Castro, I just don't trust the guy. I wish they just released all the events in advance so that there is no doubt about the fairness of the programming, because a part of me does doubt whether they just came up with the final events as the leaderboard was taking shape. I also don't like that the guys in Heat 3 are gonna get a little more rest because they're not competing until ESPN2 is ready for them.