Protein intake on a cut

minsc

This is my first ever cut. I’m 5’8 and weigh 180 pounds right now and I’m not upset with my weight but I really want to burn fat. I’m just curious on how many scoops of protein a day is too much. Right now I just do one scoop for meal replacement and 1 for post workout but would doing 5 scoops total for about 100g of protein too much? Or how should I go about this? I’d just be easier that way but if it’s horrible for me I’d like some other suggestions.

@minsc You need to eat real food that is high in lean protein. You don't want to be relying on powder for your protein. Also, one scoop of protein powder is not sufficient for a meal replacement unless it is an actual meal replacement supplement, not just a whey isolate or something like that.

You need to set a calorie goal and start meal planning to hit your macros. If you have to drink a protein shake every day to make that happen, great. But it isn't a good idea to just house protein shakes all day. You aren't going to have enough of everything else you need to still function during the day and perform in the gym.

Back