Question about cardio

isthaail13

Hello guys! I hope you are all doing well. So a little background: I am 20M, 76kg. Currently, I am on a deficit phase where im trying to lower my body fat % (26.5% as of the moment) before i go on a surplus phase again. I am eating at 2,300 calories as my TDEE maintenance is around 2.6k.

Now, I workout 4x a week doing U-L split and do treadmill at the end with the following parameters: 15incline-5.0speed-30minutes. I workout for hypertrophy purposes. So my question is, is this cardio still low intensity? Or should I decrease the speed so that it can be considered low intensity? (P.S. with this parameters, I burn around 326 cals.) Hoping to hear from you guys, thank you!

TL;DR: 15 incline-5speed-30minutes treadmill low intensity or not for muscle building goal while losing body fat percentage?

@isthaail13 I would consider that cardio probably around moderate intensity.

But double check your heart rate to be sure — low intensity cardio is between 57 to 63% of maximum heart rate while moderate intensity is between 64% to 76%.

Whether you should decrease the speed probably depends on your ability to recover from it.

If your sleep is good, you're not extra fatigued as a result of your cardio, hunger levels are relatively normal for a deficit, and you're progressing fine with your lifts, then you probably wouldn't need to change a thing.

Back