Question about...pants..

mizpahde

Do you have pants similar to this ? I have some questions about how you...um..wear them. (Doesn't that sound stupid?) Usually I wear long men's t-shirts when I work out, and with the cold weather here, I am swapping out my basketball shorts for these pants (though usually 3/4 legnth).
  • Do you wear underwear with them?
  • Are you supposed to wear something over them? (I usually don't but sometimes I am not sure if this is appropriate)

@mizpahde I always wear yoga pants or yoga capris to work out, generally with a hip length top. I'm not self conscious about it, I'll wear them home after and stop by the grocery store, ect. I don't really care about being seen in public in spandex, so maybe I'm on the totally not self conscious end extreme of gym wear. I prefer pants like that and tight tops so I can better see my form in the mirrors.
I just wear my regular thong underwear with them, it actually never occurred to me not to.

@mizpahde If you wax or shave your bikini line, ingrowns will be reduced if you wear some cotton undies under. Sweating in spandex or some material like that and leaving it on for the few minutes after can uhh be no good for waxing.

I ditched my expensive lingerie and go for the seamless Target cotton panties for under spandex. The thongs don't bother me during workouts either but that's personal preference.

@mizpahde When I wear yoga pants to exercise, I wear regular cotton underwear. I don't like the seam of the crotch between my bits if I were to go without, and I think thongs while exercising are silly (and can be a good way to get a yeast infection). Who cares if you have a panty line? You're working out for you.

@mizpahde I wear yoga underwear from victoria's secret but I know underarmour and maybe champion (and I'm sure just about any other brand) make seamless, non-cotton underwear that are great for wearing under these types of pants. A lot of people go commando or wear thongs, both of those bother me personally so I wear briefs or boyshorts and I never have problems with panty lines.

@mizpahde These are typically my gym uniform all year round (with shorter ones in the summer). I find it's better off to go with a thong underneath, as you don't get a bulky panty-line effect. Also, if you're looking to go a little more modest, you definitely don't have to lose the men's t-shirts! They work perfectly for a little bit more butt-coverage.

@mizpahde I generally don't wear underwear with mine (unless I'm on my period and have a heavy flow day). It's partially because it feels annoying and bulky to me with the two layers of fabric rubbing against each other, and also partially because panty lines bug the crap out of me.

As for wearing something over them, that's totally up to you. If you don't feel comfortable in tighter pants, then maybe throwing a pair of looser short shorts over them is a good idea. I've never had any problem, though. Hope this helps!

Back