Review my YT short 🤓

redeemedpirate

Hey there! I am a medico and have been lifting for more than 2 years now. I have recently started to make some content on YouTube and wanted some genuine feedbacks on my content.

I will be making more nuanced and in-depth videos in the future. I have been making shorts in very general and frequently asked questions about everything fitness, the quality of content for there topics is average. Once I get a viewership, I will be making more informative videos 👍🏻

@redeemedpirate it's alright advice for newbies, looking forward to more nuanced content đź‘Ť. A few opinions of mine for newbies based on the video is that digestion can vary depending on the food and the person, so if you're good to go in an hour then that's up to you, especially if you're having foods that are quickly digested. Also, you don't necessarily have to have salt before the gym, just make sure your salt intake throughout the day is enough and you should be good, not enough warmup or stretching can cause cramps regardless of how much salt you take.

@redeemedpirate
  1. I didn't actually know that pre workout carbs delay the onset of fatigue. Interesting advice https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9232557/
  2. Why did you mention consuming Peanut butter pre workout?
I always knew that pre workout meal should be carb heavy for glycogen storages etc. But, at the same time for a detailed analyses we need to look at the bigger picture. A complete meal (fat+carbs+protein) can even take 8 hours to digest fully. I personally use keto meal (whole eggs) before a workout just to calm my stomach acids.

In a short video, you can mention only so much. So it was a good short.

@jenfer Thanks a lot for the feedback 👍🏻

I don’t think a keto meal is ideal for pre-workout because it does not have any carbs in it. Hence the intensity of your workout may reduce significantly.

Also, the carbohydrate is generally digested within 2-3 hours in your small intestine. 8 hours is required for complete digestion (including the passing of almost completely digested food to the terminal part of large intestine). However, for increasing the glucose levels in your body, that can be done within 2 hours of a high in carb pre workout meal (it can vary depending on the glycemic index of the food).

@redeemedpirate I think carbs won't be digested in 2-3 hours in a complete meal that has fat and protein in it too. Then the fibre content and glycimic index will also matter.

I have experimented with different things, e.g. sugar before workout, fasted training etc. At one stage, my performance used to be best in the gym after lunch(2 meals in). Lately I started working out in the morning and I find I only need something to kill the hunger in the morning. For me, it wasn't about the energy in the gym, it was the distraction of the physical sensation of hunger in the stomach.

IMO in the grand scheme of things, pre workout carbs etc don't make much difference. I have never had my performance go down by more than 10% in the gym, only exception if I am recovering from flu or something.

I listen to the mind pump show and they said it is ok to do fasted workout if you had a decent meal last night. Also Mikey misumici eats only once a day.

Back