Routine/Diet Help

deewsrd

Hey r/fit. I’ve lost maybe 15-20 pounds since I started working out (i.e boxing gym striking class and in school workouts). I’m 6’2 and around 236 last time I checked. It’s very hard to not eat unhealthily because my parents buy a LOT of junk food, and I have massive cravings (usually later into the evening). I was wondering about any tips/advice for keeping myself accountable, maybe I need a partner?

I forgot to mention that I have something wrong with my hip, maybe I pulled something? So I’ve been out of my boxing gym for a few months. And maybe some at home workouts. (The conditions outside are too cold and windy for outside workouts).

@deewsrd Human have a habit of making things complicated. Similarly, we complicated terms of fitness. In this post fitness simplified for you.

Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.

Jim Rohn
We usually misunderstood fitness as health and term them together as Health & Fitness; but both are different things Health is absence of pathology means you don’t have any medical condition like Diabetes, High cholesterol, hyper/hypothyroid etc.

Fitness simplified by fitnationplus. How to achieve good fitness, fun in fitness
Fitness is defined as ‘the ability to carry out daily tasks with vigor and alertness, without undue fatigue, and with ample energy to enjoy leisure-time pursuits and respond to emergencies.’ We do lots of activities throughout the day for eg. Running behind train, lifting luggage, pushing car, climbing stairs etc. To do these activities without fatigue and stress is called as fitness. In simple language Fitness = Health + Performance. When we start to improve our fitness, we improve our health as well.

BENEFITS OF THE FITNESS
Increased bone density
Increase in heart health
Improves quality of sleep
Anti-aging effects: look like 25 when you’re at your 45
Manage your body weight
Increase in strength
This list goes on and on….
When you train yourself, you should aim fitness as the main goal.

Fitness simplified by fitnationplus. How to achieve good fitness, fun in fitness
FIVE COMPONENT OF FITNESS
To measure our physical fitness five components of fitness are used. Total fitness can be defined by how well the body performs in each one of the components of physical fitness as a whole.
Components of fitness as follows:

CARDIOVASCULAR ENDURANCE
It is the ability of the heart and lungs to work together to provide the needed oxygen and fuel to the body for a prolonged time without fatigue.

MUSCULAR STRENGTH
It typically measured by how much weight can be moved in relation to repetitions. Exercises involving multiple joints and muscle groups such as squats or bench press are often used.

MUSCULAR ENDURANCE
It is the ability of the muscles to perform continuous without fatiguing for a prolonged time.

FLEXIBILITY
Fitness simplified by fitnationplus. How to achieve good fitness, stretching in fitness
It is the ability of each joint to move through the available range of motion in a specific joint.

BODY COMPOSITION
Fitness simplified by fitnationplus. How to achieve good fitness, body composition in fitness
It is the amount of fat mass compared to lean muscle mass, bone and organs. Higher the body composition better the fitness.

HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS??
To improve your fitness you should train every component of fitness.
Fitness depends on three things:

Tripod of fitness, how to achieve good fitness, how to be fit, fitnationplus
NUTRITION
To improve your fitness you required adequate amount of macronutrients and micronutrients. To repair and grow your muscles after the workout you need protein. For cell membrane and sex hormones you need dietary fat. You also required to supplement micronutrients such as vitamin A, D, E, K etc. Each vitamin have different function in our body.

For nutrition check out my blog post

WORKOUT
When you workout and give your body physical stress it breaks muscles at cellular levels. When muscles get repaired, they grows also and your body adapts to that weight which you are lifting. You should increase your lifting weight in certain days. You should follow workout plan that will focus on all components of fitness.

SLEEP
Sleep gives your body time to recover, conserve energy, and repair and build up the muscles worked during exercise. When we get enough good quality sleep, the body produces growth hormone. The better rested you are, the better your mind and body function — and that includes at the gym.

So when you want to increase your fitness you have to focus on correct nutrition, adequate sleep and perfect workout plan.