Rut buster? Diet advice?

daisy_lane

Hi!
I’m in a rut and am looking for something help me shed about 20lbs without affecting my muscle gains of the last year and a half.
I love kettlebells but have never done a program that focused on them exclusively. I usually just pick a few exercises and kinda do a HIIT type thing with a timer on the days between my PPL stuff. Kinda of a weighted cardio I suppose. Swings, squats, get-ups, snatches, goblets etc. generally using 35-44# as that’s as heavy as I have doubles of. Have access to a single 62 and 88#(something around there) after that and plenty of lower weight kbs.

I would say that I’m in the intermediate to advanced category so far as technique goes. I can do most things with solid technique. I’m not too shy to grab a trainer as they walk by and have them check my form.
Don’t need any motivational stuff as I have no trouble getting to the gym everyday. It’s a block away from my kid’s school so it’s an easy morning routine and I’m a grump if I don’t get oxygen moving thru my blood.

I’ve been looking at Geoff Neupert’s programs. A little $$ for a pdf. Are there videos?
Does he do any diet programming as I think that’s where I’m failing. I don’t have an issue tracking calories or whatever using MyFitnessPal(outside of hating the interface and logging things that don’t come in a box is an exercise in patience). I just think I’m not doing this part right. I honestly think I don’t eat enough.

So I guess my Q’s are:
Which program if weight loss is a priority? I wanna see all the damn muscles I made!!! Doesn’t have to be Geoff Neupert.

Diet stuff? Do any of these programs have solid, useable diet plans? Can they be adapted to a vegetarian lifestyle? (I eat eggs and yogurt) Not opposed to meal prepping if there’s a solid plan.I am the cook for the house(they’re all vegan) and dinner might be a bit of a wild card but anything before then can be routine.

Any alternatives that tick these boxes but are less of a dent to the wallet? We just have a ton of expenses right now so $70 for a pdf feels a little
opulent at the moment.

Anyways, looking forward to some input and any recs or help. Would love to see a change in the next 8wks and like I said I’m def in a rut. My workouts leave a puddle on the floor but I’ve lost zero pounds since Sept!!

@daisy_lane Just eat a bit less than you are now and you’ll lose weight.

That’ll be $70 for my wisdom.

I can write that down as daily instructions if you’d like.

Ps, Geoffs programs are legit, worth the money IMO

@patriarch28 I dunno about eating less. I just don’t think I’m eating correctly. Or maybe not enough. Or the wrong amounts of things. I might have messed up at some point and got into bad habits but I’m not sure what. Which is kinda why I need the diet part more than the workout part.

@daisy_lane The only workout that likely helped me lose weight was the swing challenge. Everything else was diet.

I’m sure the weight training helps a bit… and depending on how big the deficit is, it helps retain muscle.

I’m on 3 weight training sessions a week and 2 to 3 jogs per week while walking a ton.

Morning, protein shake, 2 eggs, toast, some fruit.

Lunch, bento, usually chicken, carbs, and veggies.

Snack, some nuts and dark chocolate.

Dinner, whatever my wife makes. If I cook it’s usually meat, veggies, and rice.

I’m dropping weight. I tried to skip lunch and do a double serving of protein shake. I could do it, but it was too miserable and probably unnecessary. My farts were also atrocious.

Get a diet app and track all of your food for a few weeks until you get a sense of portioning. Since I eat the same breakfast everyday and use the same two lunch boxes, it’s pretty easy to have a sense of where I’m at before dinner without tracking everything.

If you really wanna drop some weight in eight weeks just do a ketogenic diet. I don’t believe that it’s magical, it’s just hard to eat more than 2,000 calories of protein, fat, and veggies in a single day. Plus, you can eat chicken wings covered in butter and Tabasco sauce, then drink the spicy butter. I dropped 16kg doing that before I started training.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck mate.

@daisy_lane Check out r/ketogains. There is a wealth of information in the FAQ alone. I've found it to be very helpful and have made it a key resource on my road to improved fitness.

@daisy_lane The founder of Ketogains has a pretty focused approach on keto...bacon and cheese won't get you there. He recommends to focus on hitting your protein target, limiting carbs to

@michael1974 Yeah, I’d have to look into it. We eat a lot of various beans/legumes and they can often have a lot of carbs along with the protein. I try not to see regular food as bad. Meaning, beans are a natural thing, not some processed shake or whatever out of a bag. I’ll eat tofu but I can’t eat that everyday.
Thanks for the info

@daisy_lane "A little $$ for a pdf" is a little condescending and disrespectful. It's not the pdf that you're paying for. It's the content and years of experience.

@jimmy22x I hear ya. Wasn’t intended to be condescending. Just don’t like spending money on something I can’t physically hold. I still buy records …which keeps coming and going as a fad. It’s just how my brain works. If it were printed, I’d probably consider it. At least I could sell it if I didn’t like it or use it. But again, it’s the amount of money combined with the lack of physical item.

@daisy_lane Intermittent fasting really works if you are consistent. It is nothing for a quick cut but shows all the benefits in the longer run, but then consistent.

@juancarlos Def could sleep more. Getting 7 hours now which is about a 3 hour improvement.
I don’t eat fast food or much take out.
The food I eat is generally considered healthy. Lots of veggies, yogurt, eats, beans, tofu, some grains. No Mexican food unless I make it myself.