Seeking Feedback on My 20:4 Intermittent Fasting Plan

fritz_bolivar

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on my 20:4 intermittent fasting plan, and I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer. Here are the details:

About Me:
  • Weight: 78 kg
  • Height: 5.4 ft
Goal: I aim to lose 15 kg in the next 90 days.

My Eating Schedule (Within a 4-hour Window):
  • 2:00 PM: Watermelon (100g), Mung bean sprouts (100g), Coconut water
  • 4:00 PM: Glass of milk
  • 6:00 PM: White rice (100g), Paneer (200g), Finger millet malt (100g), Vegetables (100g)
Variations: I switch up my food choices every other day:
  • Mung beans are swapped with different types of beans
  • Coconut water is replaced with sugarcane juice or buttermilk
  • Paneer is substituted with tofu
  • Rice is exchanged for oats
Other Practices:
  • I only consume water outside of my eating window.
  • Exercise: I walk for 30 minutes in the morning at 7:00 AM and another 30 minutes at 9:00 PM.
  • Sleep: I aim for 7 hours of sleep each night.
I'm open to any suggestions or adjustments to improve my plan. Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S: I am doing Intermittent Fasting from past 3 years. Started from 12-12, 16-8, 18-6 but with alot of meat, butter, fast food etc. :)

@fritz_bolivar First lets start by keeping realistic goals

This routine is quite extreme, you will be hungry throughout the day and your energy levels will be very low, and since you're only doing weight loss, even once you loose weight, you will gain it back if you go off track, I recommend doing some weight training if you can,bI would say do 18:6 instead but that's your choice

@fritz_bolivar Are you eating enough protein to facilitate weight loss? 200g of paneer is 36 g. Moong sprouts is another 30ish(it's also an incomplete source, but if eating w rice I guess it'd okay). You can add whey or plant protein supplement to increase your protein intake. Also eggs if possible.

I feel like 4 hours of non fasting seems rather extreme and unsustainable long run. You can stick to 16-8 or so and eat better.

Strength training is also a great addition to your excercise regime for overall improvement of bone and muscle health.

@fritz_bolivar IF is not a magic bullet that translates automatically to fat loss. All it does is limit your hunger pangs and Excessive snacking.

You will still have to count your calories and be in deficit. If your goal is fat loss. I would focus all my energy in perfecting the diet instead of restricting IF.

Go calculate your TDEE using online calculator. Start counting your calories.

15kg in 3 months is very aggressive. The people on IF sub losing weight that faster are Americans who live on Burgers and Pizzas. They have lot of bloating and water weight. You are not going to lose weight that fast as them.

Approx 7000 calories deficit is 1kg fat loss. So check what your deficit is. Based on your deficit you can calculate how much realistically you can lose. 15kg in 3 months is very aggressive but doable. Instead of doing that strict eating window. It will be easier for you you to do 24h fasts multiple times in a month.