should i cut my calories any lower

dersaemann

hello just like the title says i was just wondering if i should cut my calories any lower. I’m 5’1 sitting at 128 lbs and moderately active taking in 8-10 k steps a day while lifting 3-4x wk (not too heavy bc i just don’t enjoy it). my calories right now are at 1400-1500 max I would usually consume is at 1600. I calculated my bmr which is at 1289 and tdee at 1981. my goal is fat and weight loss :)

@dersaemann You calories are already low why would you cut even more.
You're just going to sabotage your progress feeling hunger constantly.
You can defo lose weight on 1600 considering how active you are. Even I lose 1 pound sometimes on those calories.
Just continue the same , drink plenty of water and have refeed days atleast once a week. Invest in a food scale if you don't already have one.
Buy a measuring tape or a scale to track progress.

@dersaemann I think you could lose on that but slowly. I'm 5'0 and i lost super slowly on 1200 to 1300. Annoying. Especially when I was at your weight. I'm 112 now. I'd lose like a pound a month. I maintain now on 1700. Cardio and lifting 4 to 5 days a week.

@dersaemann I am 5’1”-getting about 8k steps/day and lifting 3x week—I am cutting at 1450-1500 and losing a half pound a week.
I’ve tried cutting at a lower number, and yes you can lose faster, but it is much more painful and you’re more likely to lose muscle mass…. For those reasons, I don’t recommend it… my plan is to reverse diet after this, so that I can cut at a higher number of calories.

@dersaemann If I were you I’d start eating more, and lifting weights even more in the gym. This will increase your weight BUT tone you and make you lose fat. You’ve hit a plateau probably due to caloric intake. So upping that will give your body more energy to grow muscle.

@mursieme oh thats interesting to hear! i didn’t think i’d hit a plateau so early bc my SW was 130 and only lost about 2 lbs so far (been on this for 3 months). I only weigh myself every 3 months so maybe bc im also building muscle

@dersaemann I hit a plateau at 145 after being in a deficit for months. The thing with weight training is you are transforming fat into muscle and building.
I went back to around 2k cal a day and gained 10lbs of muscle in three months. I don’t lift very heavy either but overall strength has improved.