Should I switch to whey protein?

watership

I usually get 120-140 grams of protein a day majority from chicken and hardboiled eggs. I eat the whole egg because it seems like a waste to throw the yolks. I eat 3-5 eggs per day.

I was looking at myfitnesspal stats and my cholesterol for the days range 800-1000 grams.

I was thinking to reduce my egg intake to have the cholesterol go down and replacing it with a whey protein.

I walk everyday for 1 hour and do at home workouts using Nike training plan.

My weight is 173 from starting weight of 190. My calories are usually 1,300-1500 daily. I am doing CICO and eating at a deficit so I know protein is important to keep muscle.

My current goals are to lose my quarantine beer belly and tone up.

I currently take creatine and looking to add fish oil, vitamin d and k soon.

If you support my switch to whey what brand/kind would you recommend? I am looking at Optimal Nutrition and rule 1 but there are several types that I get lost.

@watership If you do switch, you can try Rule1 over ON gold standard. Both were developed by the same team of guys so they are essentially the same thing (just that rule 1 is cheaper because Gold Standard carries the brand name of Optimum Nutrition thus the premium on the price).if there's any difference to the two I'd say it's that Rule1 is a bit sweeter in flavor than ON.

@watership First of all, congratulations on your weight loss. It’s always better to get protein from natural sources rather than rely on supplements (whey, creatine). I have never tried creatine but use whey (Brand: Athlene) on my workouts (when gyms were still operational and I did heavy loads). Other good sources of protein are dairy (I prefer non-fat milk) and tuna (Gold seas). For tuna, I consume 3 to 4 servings per day. I don’t take any supplement. Substituting complex carbohydrates for rice is also a good move. Eat plenty of fruits as well. Current stats: 66-67 kg, height 165.1cm, body fat percentage ranging from 13 to 16%.