Simple and Sinister - Tracking Spreadsheet 3.0

tmc08

Hi Everyone,

I've made some improvements to the tracking spreadsheet I created and shared with this sub.

I've updated it with a few auto-generating graphs that are an indication of your strength and cardio progress in swings / TGU.

Here are my graphs from my spreadsheet so you can see what it shows you.

*How is it calculated?*

By adding all of your weight for a session and multiplying it by 10 (number of reps) to see how much weight was lifted during the session. And then it divides it by the amount of time the exercise took you to do - giving you a "weight lifted per minute" figure.

This is an indication of both strength and cardio. If you lift heavier weights in the same amount of time - the number will be higher. If you lift the same amount of weight in less time - the number will be higher.

*Using the spreadsheet*

If you are already using a previous version of the tracking spreadsheet, follow the below instructions and paste in your data... and the graphs will auto-populate for you.

If you will be using the spreadsheet for the first time, the graphs need at least 1x TGU session, 1x 1H swing session and 1x 2H swing session completed before they're working properly (there needs to be at least 1 session of ALL three exercises).

*What if you have already started using my previous spreadsheet?*
  1. Copy and paste the "dates" from the old spreadsheet to the new spreadsheet
  2. Copy and paste the "swing type"
  3. Copy and paste the data from the "1st set" to the HR data on the right hand side
  4. Fill in any sessions you know you started a new step loading phase, and the spreadsheet will calculate it automatically for you going forward
Here is a link to the new speadsheet. Enjoy!

Edit: Achieving simple standards (32kg x 100 reps in 5 minutes) is equal to 640kg per minute. So you can see how far away you are from achieving simple with the graphs.

@tmc08 This is rad. Thank you. I have just been going at it without tracking. I’ll track it now. I may have some questions if you done mind me asking?

@xser88 Glad you like it :)

Always good tracking stuff if it doesn't take too much time to enter information... because then you've got data to look back on or analyse :)

Happy to answer any questions you have using it... however I suspect they'll be answered if you check out my first post and second post (difference with the second one is how you record step load days).

Let me know how you get on with it!

@myle08 No problem :)

Yes exactly, so when you begin using a higher weight for that session, you'll write "Yes" in that column.

And then it will count down from 28 days for each individual exercise, so you know when your next step load phase is due.

@tmc08 So is it recommended to do 28 days with a new load? For example set 4 of 10, do your swings with 24kg... you do that for 28 days before adding in 24kg to another set? Say set 5 of 10 as well.

@myle08 So I would definitely recommend reading Simple and Sinister 2nd edition. You could buy the kindle version from Amazon and read it on your phone / computer or whatever if you don't have a kindle. Or just buy the paperback and wait for delivery haha.

But a stepload is where you do 2x sets of the next weight up. Which for men, is an 8kg jump.

For example:

10 sets of 10 reps @ 16kg

1 month later:

8 sets of 10 reps @ 16kg

2 sets of 10 reps @ 24kg

And repeat

Back