Strength Help Please!

giselh89

• I've been training for strength for 5 months at home, but I haven't seen a massive improvement. I'll take all the help I can get. I've also been doing the proper form.
I started with 5 knee pushups at max and now can do 7 proper pushups full ROM, but I feel like I should have more.

My workout routine for triceps - I do this 4x-5x a week :

Pushup Dropsets (to Knee) x2 Failure (around 6-7 reps)

Elevated Bench Dip (w/ around 15-20 pounds) x2 Failure

Incline Pushup (2x10)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I've noticed:

-When I go down to normal elevated bench dips, I feel more of a burn since I do x50 reps and can't contract and extend my arms without pain. When I do normal pushup set sand elevated sets (w/ weights) I don't feel pain , only tightness,

PLEASE HELP!! Feel free to tell me what to do or replace. I'll take any advice and let you know if it works! I need to be able to do 25 pushups in one set in 5 months! If any information is needed feel free to ask and thank you! I'm also starting the gym in 3 months. I can buy resistance bands or whatever too!

@giselh89 5 knee pushups to 7 proper full ROM pushups is a huge improvement. You could be further along, sure, but that doesn't mean you aren't seeing progress! If your only concern is getting to 25 pushups in 5 months (~20 weeks) you just have to increase your max by 1 pushup per week - not bad! If that is your only goal, and you don't have access to a gym, I would actually cut out the dips and stick with just regular (not from knees) pushups. I would do them only 2-3 days a week, and never two days in a row. For the first workout I'd start with doing 25 total pushups in as few sets as possible and then each week adding five more to the total. I don't know about your height/weight but if you have extra weight to lose, focusing on that would also help a ton.

If you try it, keep me updated on how it goes! If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

@giselh89 No problem!

This would work - but since it is designed for increasing pull ups, it's a very slow progression. It's much harder to go from 10 to 20 pull ups than 10 to 20 pushups. I also prefer having rest days so you can really push it when you do workout and give yourself time to recover in between. So it'd help but in my opinion wouldn't be the most efficient way of getting there.

@bf2008 What do you recomend to do when I get into the gym in around 3 months? Also, if I start with 25 pushups and then add 5 more every week. won't it reach 125 pushups at one point?