Struggling rant

Hello friends! My SW was 130, my CW is 115, and my GW is around 105-110 (I am 4'11 :C). I have been mostly doing home workouts, following youtube videos, lifting dumbbells 5-8lbs, eating a clean caloric deficit, and using my walking pad. There has been a lot of trial and error during my journey, so I am sadly not the best person to ask for weight loss advice :C

@rusty_shackleford Not sure where you’re being told you have to lose fat before you gain muscle, but that is absolutely false. You are at a perfectly healthy weight for your height, and would probably benefit from focusing more on maintenance and muscle gain at this point. Remember that the number on the scale is only a very small part of the picture and focusing on that doesn’t usually lead to a successful journey.

That aside, the level of distress you’re describing here is absolutely not normal, and you may benefit from working with a professional. You shouldn’t hate yourself every time you look in the mirror. Please do not think that will change if you lose 5 pounds. It won’t. This level of hatred towards your body and distress should really be addressed with a professional, because those can be red flags for potential disordered, thought patterns and behavior.

@rusty_shackleford I workout from home and use heavier dumbbells as the previous get too light for me and have been building up muscle.
Any fat you have will build up the muscles so you don’t need to lost fat and then gain muscle. But it sounds like you’re doing amazing :)