The Best Big 6 Full Body Workout

aajjsister

“Big 6”
  1. Deads - 2. Flat Bench - Incline Bench - 3. Barbell Row - 4. OHP - 5. High Bar ATG Squat (with oly shoes) - 6. Pull-Ups or Pulldowns
Accessories

Hip Thrusts - Low Cable Flies - Seated Cable Rows - Lat Raises - Rear Delts - Machine Leg Extensions

Easing down

Bicep Curls, Hammer curls, Reverse Curls - Skull Crushers - Tricep Push Downs - Forearm Flexion - Sit Ups - Crunches - 3” to 1.5’ Legs Raises using only pelvis rotation to lift legs - Glute Bridges - Push Ups till Fatigue
  • I naturally have large/well developed calves and hamstrings (huge hamstrings take away from glutes and quads in aesthetics, add leg curls and heavy calf raises if needed)
  • Based on the “Big 6” REMOVE/ADD accessories as needed - Upper pecs, Rear Delts, Biceps, Quads, and Glutes should be emphasized to be

A E S T H E T I C
  • Programming the Aesthetic BIG 6 is designed for based on your recovery to fatigue ratio, life priorities, and if you are a beginner or advanced lifter. Keep in mind order of operations (ie priority first, my shoulders can’t take OHP before benching… bicep curls can’t be done before back etc).

@jeffreypauls Now it’s your turn to do programming. This split/programming is determined by your level of fitness and life priorities.

You cannot make a one fits all program. Your program is determined by your level of fitness, fatigue to recovery ratio. My arms and rear delts recover very quickly. Legs not so much, chest I can hit hard after 48hrs/72hrs.

I have an A B C B A C split. A is Dead/Back focus, B Chest Focus, C Leg/glute focus. Basically Upper Lower Split with a day rest day in between. Then two days rest when needed.

PROGRAMMING ISNT ONE FITS ALL. CREATE IT OUT OF THE BIG 6 base it on your fitness abilities, heaviest to lightest accessories, and your life schedule (ie are you working and need to be fresh for work or just a student with all the free time in the world and want to get massive).

@aajjsister Now we are getting somewhere that you provided your split. What you initially provided was simply a list of exercises and at 1st impression it seems like you are suggesting you could throw any combination of the main movements and accessories together and be okay which isn't particularly true.

Additionally I don't even agree that is has to be those exact 6 movements which I'm gonna assume you don't either as long as there is some variation of the main movements patterns of a vertical/horizontal push and pull, squat, hinge and lunge.

Programming additionally should include rep schemes/ranges and forms of progression... These are critically important aspects.

@jeffreypauls Glad you see it, you are correct this is not something you could throw in any combination, but must be done in order. Not a general list, but a list of exercises to be done in order. You cannot throw in accessories together with the lifts, they are done in a non-competing order after your main lifts.

Yes you can replace variations for the BIG 6, you can alternate dead’s and legs or move them in the big 6 as needed ie I only have dead’s first because they are my priority, they exist on leg/glute day only for tech and to maintain progression. But the Big 6 movements are king. The Big 5 lack pull ups or bent over Rows. Again reps etc all based on your personal goals/fitness level.

The list is in order of operations. Deadlift squats and bent row compete with each other and you can move them around or alternate squats and dead’s on their respective days. Either way a general rule is priority lift first (lift most important to you) then accessories non-competing with demanding to least demanding.

Back