This is how imported WPI raw looks like

rattikin

This is what 'Indian companies' use when rebranding their 'Indian' Product by adding flavours and Additives and calling it Whey sourced from Europe/America.( Other than Amul and Avvatar that I know of).

Got my half yearly stash at around 1850/- per kg.of raw WPI with Sunflower Lecithin. This is just one of the Whey manufacturers in the world. My household consumption of WPI is abnormally high, hence this bulk purchase from a known importer ( he doesn't sell to retail customers unfortunately).

https://preview.redd.it/3fs7bzenago...bp&s=3ffa6cc109652d963eae2dd834fc971bf60cf213

@rattikin That's insightful. That's why I only purchase my whey from Avvatar as I know the source but other indian companies source their whey from multiple vendors and you don't get the consistency. Additionally you don't know if they have added rennet to separate the milk which makes it non-vegetarian while avvatar mentions it cleary

@lamarcook Ok, so for your peace of mind.....when Milk or Milk Products are imported in India the Importer has to apply for a Sanitary Import Permit which is issued by the Department of Animal Husbandry( DAHD). Once that is in place they can import. On the Sanitary Import Permit( SIP) the Department lays down 2 conditions as below:

General Conditions:

1) The source animals have never been fed with feeds produced from intemal organs, blood meal and tissues of ruminant origin.

2) The milk product has not been manufactured using animal rennet.

These conditions laid by our DAHD have to be endorsed by the exporting countries on their Veterinary Certificate.

All countries ( excepting USA) endorse this condition, however USA government is in no position to do this ( maybe because their Animal feed contains Animal Products) and are trying to negotiate with the Indian Government since many years. ( Google Milk products from USA and FDA/DAHD etc etc. Something should come up).

Hence all Milk Products other than American products are available in India and they are "Vegetarian" ( I don't consider Milk as Veg. in the first place, but I don't care as I am 100% Non-Vegetarian :)).

@lamarcook They could be "managing" or the supplier from USA must be able to provide the Vet certificate as required by India or the concerned person here must be a MB athlete and/or getting his lifetime supply of Supplements from MB. 🫠

@rattikin 1850? i thought it would be a lot cheaper.

long back I had seen glanbia's provone (ON isolate source ) and avonlac(ON concentrate source) being sold in 20kg bags on ubuy kind of websites. they were a lot cheaper.

@tadhg The rates just keep on increasing. My last purchase was Arla WPI a few years ago at 950/kg. The rates displayed on Indiamart etc are excluding GST and delivery but yes 1500~1600/kg would have been ideal.

@rattikin why not go for other brands in the same price range then? reasons:

1) you won't need to worry about storage or a bad batch of 15kg.

2) you can try out different brands that suit you. i dont know much about spomlek or arla to comment on their quality, but other brands that are tested in lab like trustified.

@tadhg I couldn't source the direct importers for Davisco. Glanbia India doesn't respond and doesn't care for 1 bag sale and similar response from others when they hear about the abysmal requirement .

This was what I could manage via known sources:)

@tparkinson012 Why not, it is just a milk powder. My 10 year old has 15 gms when she comes back from her training. If kids can have crap like Bournvita and Horlicks, this is much better.

Back