Thoughts on this workout routine?

joyce100246

I've always struggled with my weight. Back in 2012, I found this workout routine and gave it a shot. I stuck with it and got pretty good results.

Of course, then the usual story - life, excuses, etc. I've tried this workout routine several times since then, and every time, I find I enjoy it and get solid results. I like the variation and the simplicity of it (I'm not on my phone the whole time trying to figure out which exercise I'm supposed to be doing, and how).

In 2024, I'm trying to get back on the saddle. I've been doing this routine for a week and still really enjoy it. It occurred to me, though, that I should probably make sure it's not fatally flawed in some way. It took me awhile to find it again, which suggests to me that it's outdated in some way.

So my question to you - is that workout routine a reasonable one to use for fat loss for someone who is a repeat beginner? Or should I look for something else?

Thanks for any input!

@joyce100246 Program looks pretty good; but I don’t like the idea of utilising strength protocols and exercise switch ups mid mesocycle for what is supposed to be a beginners program.

There’s little wrong with the program, although for fat loss you could increase the reps and shorten the periods which would force you to lower the weights slightly but produce a better metabolic effect.

Back