Turning 36 This Month: Still Setting PRs. 51 Second PR Pressing a 150lb Keg Over My Head 30 Times

iamasinkingship

Here is the video (apparently the sub doesn't allow linking to youtube directly, so I made a text post) I've been doing this workout all month as part of a mass building training phase, and yesterday the stars aligned and I had a huge time PR on it. It's been cool to get progress wherever I can.

And while I'm sharing, this was the start of a 20 minute conditioning workout done on the weekend...that had my phone screw up when I was using it to record and run my timer app at the same time.

@iamasinkingship But the 30-rep range only builds endurance, not actual strength!

And is this really functional? When will you ever need to actually do this?

Anyways, cheers on the PR and the additional candle on that Paleo cake!

(-;

@mlenadc Much appreciated dude! And no joke: keg or log pressing is SO much the "missing element" when it comes to piecing all this together and making a striking and strong physique. Pressing a perfectly balanced barbell overhead from the rack is one thing: ripping something awkward off the floor and getting it over your head makes you whole body strong and jacked.

And we're actually doing a sunbutter pie for dessert, haha.

@iamasinkingship What's funny to me is that the keg press is hefty, but the really impressive thing isn't the keg press...

It's that goddamn ab roller from a standing pos to extension and back. That shit is NO JOKE.