Twisted Laces on Crossfit Shoes

tiger65

Photos of shoes w/twisted laces

Hey all,

This is a problem I've had with another pair of CrossFit shoes, and it's happening with my new Reebok Nano X3's as well. As you can see from the photos, the laces are so twisted. It's making my ankles hurt and causing so much extra tightness that it's interfering with every workout.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've tried untangling the laces though it happens again after 2–3 uses. Should I be buying new laces, and if so any recommendations? (ideally the same color)

Sidenote: I have a handful of foot issues including pronated feet and no arches so I already wear out my shoes much more than normal though not sure if it's connected.

Truly appreciate the help!

@tiger65 This happens to me in my shoes as well, and not just my CrossFit shoes. It may just be due to pronation and not specific to the laces or shoes. I just untwist them when I tie my shoes and it doesn't cause me much discomfort. However, with the laces being as bad as they are in your picture, it's probably worth spending a few bucks on some new laces.

@tiger65 If you have a flat iron you can use that to iron them out. Just use it on a lower heat setting. I’ve done it to my nobull laces and it worked great.

Back