Victorian on P-Bars

nyctophobia

Hey guys, this is a matter of personal interest I want to throw to the floor.
I'm just gonna admit it straight out: the Victorian on rings is something I'm almost certainly never, ever going to do. In fact, I promise I will buy you all a beer if I ever get one.
But what do people think about the relative difficulty of a victorian performed on parallel bars? That is, a front lever position except the arms are parallel with the floor, and palms are facing inward/slightly towards the ground. Body in between the bars, held up far enough that the chest is above them.

I figure you could train it with BL and FL, and progress with tucks and resting more of your forearm on the bars. Whatcha think?

@nyctophobia as bipconi said - get your FL first - like, a rock-solid 15 sec FL. and be working on commensurate p-bar static holds as well, all the time. totally do-able - and you can do it!

@nyctophobia anything is possible. i think you have the right idea for training it, but i'm not sure anyone knows for sure considering there aren't many people who can do it in the first place

@nyctophobia As the others said; front lever first. Having some very nice planche leans too for the elbows is also important.

Victorian is an advanced element, and there is a reason to that!

Back