Weight fluctuations??

michaeldinunzio

20f SW: 141
CW: ???
GW: 125
UGW:120

So I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago and the scale read 131 and I was so happy! Recently I started upping my workout days to 4-5 days a week instead of 2-3. Fast forward to this week and every single time I weigh myself the scale reads 132. Kind of disappointed because I wanted to be 130 and on my way into the 120s by now. I haven’t changed my diet or calorie intake at all, I’m still roughly tracking what I eat. I also started eating more protein. I read somewhere on this subreddit that your weight can fluctuate and go up after high impact workouts. Weighed myself the other day and the scale read 132.9 when I’d just run 4 miles the night before. Today the scale read 132 on the dot and last night I did upper body weight lifting + a 30 min cardio session. Is this all fluctuation? Should I take a day off from working out and then weigh myself? I KNOW IN MY HEART that I’m not gaining weight because I look leaner but I also know that 1lb is not much of a difference and that I could have very well just gained a pound of fat and not noticed. I also don’t think it’s period bloat because I’m not due for another 9-12 days. Please help before I get too in my head about it 🙃

@michaeldinunzio Weight just isn’t all that reliable of a metric. It sounds like you are killin’ it on both exercise and nutrition. 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh the same but the size is quite different (fun image to google!). I’d start taking progress pics and measure key points on the body like thighs, hips and waist for a better picture of progress. You might be a happy lean 130lbs. The number shouldn’t drive the total satisfaction with the outcome!

@airamnire Prob should’ve mentioned this in the og post but for like a month I was only doing cardio pretty much and only recently (like within the past 2 weeks) begun lifting weights again.