What was your gym-jury this week?

noelcraddock

While the general public is worried about us gym-goers injuring ourselves by blowing out our spines, wearing down cartilage and sustaining cardiac events because: exercise; most of us exercise enthuiasts are only quietly hurting ourselves as we attempt to improve our health and get those Zone 2 cardio mins.

Let this be a safe space for gym mas and pas, grans and gramps, bros and sis’. to share their most embarassing moments of their fitness journey this week.

I’ll go first- today I did my first barbell overhead press uppercut-to-self. Fantastic connection, great follow through with the barbell. Absolutely text book, I’d assume! The good news is that I’m not super strong and running at a rpe 6/7. All my teeth are intact, I didn’t finish the press, but did put the barbell down respectfully. It may or may not have left a mark.

@noelcraddock Not injured but probably deserved to be. Was running intervals on the tread and after a good warm up I decided to take off my sweatshirt. Instead of stopping the tread, I just slowed it down to a 3.5 mph pace. I mean I can walk and I can take off a shirt without thinking about it. Doing them at the same time? Not that morning. Got stuck on my head and then I got off balance on the treadmill and almost tripped myself. I managed to make my way off of it and then finish getting the sweatshirt off. Luckily it was super early and no one would've seen me eat it if I did fall.

@kutesagfire23 I have actually fallen on a treadmill once. And I wasn't even doing anything stupid like taking my sweatshirt off like this close call. It was 2008, I was in Navy and deployed in the Persian Gulf. The gym with the treadmills was just below the flight deck on the carrier so it was high enough to rock slightly as the ship went through waves. I was just getting started on a quick run and the ship listed a bit more than usual. I lost balance and my right foot stepped half on and half of the tread. This caused my foot to be thrown back and trip my other foot. I fell forward and grabbed the handles on the treadmill. So at this point I'm half running and half bouncing off the treadmill trying to get my feet back underneath me. It was like being drug behind a car at 7.5-8.0 mph or whatever I had it set at in my youth. After a few seconds I made it back up on the tread, stopped the treadmill, looked around and nodded at the 12 people in there that got to witness the glory of me falling and I walked out.