Which type of Strength Workout is effective?

communityguide

I am 5.2 (162cm) F, 31 yrs, 63 kg. My goal is to Lose Fat for now and then do Body Recomposition. Hence, I have decided to do Strength training after experimenting with Cardio (Jump roping for 30 mins + 15 mins HIIT workout), which I couldn't keep up for very long. So, Starting from this New Year, I started doing Heather Robertson's 40 min Strength Workout. So far, I like it and I feel I can sustain this for long time.

My confusion is that some trainers provide workout plan which has 5 or 6 workouts with 2 or 3 mins rest time between each set. Whereas Heather Robertson, Caroline Girvan's strength training program has variety of exercise (12-16) in a single 45 min workout with minimum interval.

My question is What is the difference between these types of workout??? Which one is more effective?? Or is there any other plan do you feel that is more effective?? Does Home Workouts really work for Body Recomping/ Losing fat provided a balanced diet and progressive overload???

P.S : I have no ready access to Gym in my place. So Gym is out of the option. Also, I don't mind buying Dumbbells for every 4-6 weeks in order to Progressive Overload.

@communityguide Depends on your goals.

Strength training, hypertrophy, muscular endurance they all have their place.

If you want to lose weight and increase muscle definition you want hypertrophy which is 8-12 rep ranges 3-4 sets with 2 mins rest in between. You probably only need 6 exercises if yiu are using compound movements.

It's unlikely that you'll have much run time with progressive overload with dumbells bought at home. Ideally you want to lift HEAVY. It can be done but I'd recommend following a routine run by someone with experience

If you just want to lose weight and look lean. Cardio and muscular endurance will do the trick. So you want to burn loads of calories with high duration or rep ranges with lighter weights.