which workouts to follow to build an hourglass body as i gain weight?

trevallion

hi i’m 5’1, F, i weigh 93lbs (42kg) and i’m pretty skinny, i have a very high metabolic rate and i lose weight very fast too. i really wanna become fit and gain some healthy weight, i’ve figured out my diet but am still in confusion about the workout routine.
I really wanna build a slimthick (hourglass) body as i gain weight, mainly wanna grow my glutes bc my legs are skinny. i’m too broke to get a trainer and gym membership rn amidst the pandemic and the videos that are claimed to be effective online like chloeting,alexis,daisy keech etc- those workout routines mainly focus on burning calories which i absolutely wanna avoid bc its like a one step forward three step back for me (i think?) The most i could do rn is get resistance bands and dumbbells to workout as i’ve heard adding weights to your workout increases muscle mass thus helps gain weight faster.
Please guide me on how to start my journey :c This summer was a waste but i can’t wait to have an amazing slim thic body next year and surprise everyone(mainly myself); i don’t know how i’m supposed to incorporate weights and resistance bands in my routine; what workouts i should do, how i should do, how many times, which workout to do on which day, You basically have to guide me through it like i’m 5. it’s a cry for help

@trevallion Uh, if you are working out there is no way to avoid burning calories while working out.

Weight/strength training will help you build muscle and the first week or two you will see a lot of water retention. Which will go away eventually.

My routine is I do squats and lunges (and looking to add another move or two as well in the next week), on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mondays and Wednesdays I work on core and obliques. Which for those I do bicycle crunches, Russian twists, lower leg raises (I think that’s what they are called), glute bridges, push ups. I use 10 pound dumbbells and resistance bands.

But, it’s very much genetics as well, have you spoken to a doctor?

Back