Working on Silk Protein Nut Milk replacement

prettythings

Although still not the same, I did buy Pea Protein, Unsweet Cashew Milk and Vanilla Almond Milk.
I don’t really drink coffee and use Chameleon cold brew. I pour about 1/8 c. Of the coffee concentrate in the cup and would just fill it with the old silk=Perfection
I saw on another post about someone trying to make their own. Any tips on ratios? I thought Cashew was a little thicker than Almond but it didn’t seem like it this morning. I also discovered the Pea Protein doesn’t mix well, so I will need to use a shaker bottle.
Open to suggestions!

@prettythings Thank you for experimenting with this. I was looking for a replacement also, but didn't get around to trying.
PB2 makes a cashew powder (60 cal/ 4 P per 2 T) that is tasty and might thicken your drink?
It's a shame Silk took the protein milk off the market.
Right now I use vegan whey in cashew milk because it's so mixable.

@deacongirl If you haven’t left a review yet, go to the Silk site. I actually ordered the new protein milk and then saw on here it is a soy protein. I did try it (so I didn’t waste money) but it does not have a good taste.

@prettythings I just got it the other day. It's has a nice flavor (like cashews, basically) and mixes pretty well with the milk. It's a little expensive though for the amount of protein in it, so I'm trying to figure out way to use it in small quantities. Maybe for sauces. Not sure yet.

Hey all!!! Here is an update. After mixing almond and cashew milk with pea protein powder, I decided to give Ripple kids a try.
It is a very close match to the taste, and thickness of our old nut milk.

What should I do with all my leftover pea powder? I can add it to drinks, but any other suggestions?
It really doesn’t mix well without a blender/shaker for drinks

@prettythings Isn’t there another Silk option that has 8g protien versus the 10g “protein” version? RIP 10g AND 20g Ultra, they’ve been watching vegans get too big so they’re trying to bring us down! 😂

@panda0301 It is soy based, and the new options (almond and cashew) are soy based too. So disappointing! I have a soy allergy and I’m so sad they discontinued this! Their website is getting bombarded with negative reviews