Workout plan for USMC Bootcamp?

deardoris

I am an unfit 18 y/o male and I am about 6'0-6'1 weighing in around 223 lbs. I have already signed paperwork stating I am enlisting and I am supposed to ship out around late July or early August of this year, does anyone have any advice for getting fit within this time period? I do not know much about weightlifting or dieting and I just started a membership with InShape though have yet to go due to being busy with work and college. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it :)

@deardoris Your best bet is cardio, core strength, and pushups. Look at the physical fitness test standards for your age category and work to improve those areas.

@deardoris Run a lot, core work, push ups, and lots of pull ups. Look up the Recon Ron pullup program. 4 is the minimum, 20 is the max for score. Make sure you can run 3 miles without a break. I would say being able to do this sub 25 mins should be a good starting point for boot camp, but a perfect score on a PFT is 18 minutes. You can also ask your recruiter for tips on what to do.

Back