Workout question!

mikelester

Are machines or cables better for does it not matter and can anyone help me with a routine I wanna gain muscle n get lean at the same time I don’t wanna get to bulky!

@mikelester I should address that last part. I don't think you have any worries of getting bulky unless it's because of your diet. Like lets say you had a goal to put on 20lbs of muscle, you would still need even more than that on a consistent basis to just be able to fuel that much muscle as while during the process of gaining that much muscle, and that's not going to happen unless some changes were happening to your diet. You'll be losing a lot of weight before you ever have the chance getting bulky because of the muscle.

Machines and cables work just the same. Your body works no differently. All the difference between what is cables and a machine is really an extra pully or a lever. Machines work well if what you're trying to do is simply target one area. Like if you have all this muscle and you have tiny biceps, that's when you should use a machine. But the difference between a machine and cables is, there's really not a difference even when you have to refer to them, people cable call cables a cable machine, it functions as that just like what you're calling an exercise machine.

But, I wouldn't be straight using all machines. It just wouldn't be right to tell that one or the other is having to be better than the other. In which case, you should use cables. Cables apply and equal tension on your muscle being exercised, and the reason I would say cables is also because if machines target specific areas, then cables can work many more areas at once.

Back