Workout Routine Critique

barneycottontop

Help Programming Workout

I wanted to see if anyone would give some feedback on a workout routine I am considering. I do have several years lifting experience and some knowledge of workout routines and principles. I am 37, run a business full time, and have a 1 year old kid, so there are time and recovery constraints I just can’t avoid.

The end goal would be the following;
500lbs barbell squat, 25 consecutive pistol squats, 100 consecutive pushups, 285lbs bench press for 15 reps, 55lbs kettlebell clean and jerk 150 reps consecutive, 400 meter run 70 seconds, 500lbs deadlift, overhead press 190lbs, barbell clean 300lbs, front lever, 140lbs sandbag carry 400m, 500 meter row machine in 1:25 min, 30" vertical jump, ring dips 50 consecutive, weighted ring dip 190lbs, 30 strict pullups, 190lbs weighted pullup, 6000 meter row in 20:00 min

The following was a rough outline. Trying to decide if I should utilize Wendler 531 or Tactical Barbell for progressive overload percentages on the main lifts.
  • Day 1: Lower Body Strength
    1. Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 5 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    2. Pistol Squats: 3 sets of 5 reps per leg (progressively increase difficulty each week)
    3. Glute and Hamstring Exercise (e.g., Romanian Deadlifts): 3 sets of 8 reps
    4. 400-meter Run: Aim for improved time each week
  • Day 2: Upper Body Strength
    1. Bench Press: 3 sets of 10 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    2. Push-Ups: 3 sets of maximum repetitions (progressively increase reps each week)
    3. Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
    4. Ring Dips: 3 sets of maximum repetitions (progressively increase reps each week)
  • Day 3: Conditioning and Power
    1. Kettlebell Clean and Jerk: 10 sets of 15 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    2. 500-meter Row: Aim for improved time each week
    3. Vertical Jump: 3 sets of 5 reps
    4. Sandbag Carry: 400m (progressively increase weight each week)
  • Day 4: Lower Body Strength
    1. Deadlifts: 3 sets of 5 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    2. Front Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
    3. Glute and Hamstring Exercise (e.g., Hip Thrusts): 3 sets of 10 reps
    4. 400-meter Run: Aim for improved time each week
  • Day 5: Upper Body Strength
    1. Overhead Press: 3 sets of 5 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    2. Pull-Ups: 3 sets of maximum repetitions (progressively increase reps each week)
    3. Barbell Clean: 3 sets of 5 reps (progressively increase weight each week)
    4. Ring Dips with Weight: 3 sets of 8 reps
Week 4 (Deload Week):
- Reduce the intensity by approximately 50% for all exercises.
- Focus on maintaining proper form, mobility work, and active recovery.
- Perform 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps for each exercise.
- Decrease the distance and intensity for running and rowing.