14 years old, 6’0 and don’t know where to get started to get big

futaba

Hi. My name is Alex. I'm 14 years old and my entire life I was just tall and skinny. I'm 6'0 and 120 pounds I believe, I don't know where to get started to build muscle and weight mass. A lot of people are talking about bulking or not bulking but I don't understand a damn thing. I need advice on what to eat (should I or should I not buy protein powder), my workout and the consistency. Ps: I'm going to buy a gym subscription tomorrow and I'll probably go get some protein powder but I don't know if I should do that.

@futaba Research:
- Macros
- Strength vs hypertrophy workouts
- Dropsets vs supersets
- Sleep

Edit: I started at 6’2”, 150lbs. I’m not 205lbs. Its slow, so make it a lifestyle and gains will come.

@futaba A big part of it is waiting for puberty to keep doing its thing. It’s already started in your case (hence your height) but your metabolism will eventually slow down, allowing your body to fill out and get the thickness. But this could take a while. I was in my early twenties when I started properly filling out.

Honestly, you’re a kid. Don’t stress so much about having a dream body yet, just be generally active and enjoy your remaining childhood. You’ll have decades and decades to chase the gains as an adult.

@futaba THIS IS HOW. Hey I’m 16 and 3 months ago I was 5,11 and 117 pounds now I’m 135 it’s not easy, but trust me that 18 pounds makes a difference. Here’s how I started, I Increased from 3 meals a day to 5. It is crucial you setup a schedule… example 7am blah blah 9 blah blah, ect you will fill out all your day with the time when you eat, workout, study, and take breaks, make sure to leave at least 8 hours of sleep in. CRUCIAL DO NOT EAT TWO MEALS UNDER 2 HOURS OF EACH OTHER, this means do not eat a meal at 7am then at 8am then 9am then 10am and 11am and think your doing good this is horrible. You need 2 hours of digestion between each meal and this goes for your workout too, you need to have eaten minimum 2 hours before your workout, your workout will last 1 hour minimum. TIP You eat in ur house in the morning then eat at school and then when you go back home (for me that’s 2:30pm) you DO NOT EAT A SNACK YOU EAT A MEAL WHATEVER IS LEFT OVER. And then you wait 2 hours and workout, after workout I personally eat (this counts as a meal btw) Two breads with Butter and Chickpea cream with 2 Scrammbled eggs or 30 grams of mixed nuts or chicken or meat. Then you wait 2 hours eat again before bed and sleep.

Workout Routine

(When I say boxing is punching and kicking the punching bag, don’t do this for too long as cardio is not what we are focused on.)

Monday: Arms (Push ups) (Bicep curls) (Pull ups) (boxing) (Forearm workouts)

Tuesday: Chest (Variations of Benching) (boxing)

Wednesday: Leg (Squats) (Calf’s workouts)

Thureday: Arms (Push ups) Bicep curls) (Pull ups) (Tricep workouts)

Friday: Chest (Variations of Benching) (boxing)

Saturday: Leg (Squats) (Calf’s workouts)

Sunday: rest

This can replace the bread with eggs/meat/nuts/chicken

Protein Shake 1000 CALORIES Ingredients:

1/2 cup Oatmeal,

2 bananas

Spinach, as much as you’d like

2 tablespoons ALMOND BUTTER,

1.5 tablespoon honey,

Milk as much as you’d like

1 scoop protein powder

And yes you need to buy protein powder…. btw look into creatine and decide if it’s safe for you

@dovetheraven If you would’ve read I said punching and kicking a bag is what I consider a bit of boxing, this is post workout cardio, and if u get an injury doing that your really stupid, plus the diet I put is a caloric surplus (aka science) that helps you gain muscle which is what he wants also known as bulking

@futaba MindPump is a great podcast from experienced trainers in their 40s who also factor in health and longevity into their ideas

Jeff Nippard is a body builder in his 30s who uses his personal experience and science in his videos to explain great workouts

Jeff Cavilier (Athlean-X) is a personal trainer and licensed physical therapist for a number professional athletes who explains the anatomy and safety behind exercises and which are best. He himself is also a fit and lean man I believe in his early 50s now

Important: Don’t overdue it, be careful not to injure yourself, nutrition is incredibly important, do your research

@futaba For right now, focus on doing bodyweight exercises. Don't do weight lifting quite yet, give it another year or so to finish your growth.

You can use a TDEE calculator to figure out how many calories you should be eating and the macros.