16 Months to get a revenge body

aspatat

Disclaimer - my goals are mainly to lose weight and gain muscle for health and fitness reasons, and entirely for myself to feel better in my own skin

However... Next August I'll be attending a wedding that my cheating ex-fiance and his new wife will also be attending, and I'm not going to lie, I would love to look my absolute best.

My question is, if you had 16 months to make your dream body, what would you do? What steps/stages would you work in?

For context I am 29F, 5'3, 187lbs. I know the basics of cut down calories, move more, eat more protein etc. I'm not looking for a tailored plan, just for some inspiration of what other people would do with my timescale :)

Edit - Wow, thank you guys for all of the advice and support! I wasn't expecting this kind of response 😅 I'll definitely give you all updates over the next 16 months! Again, thank you, and good luck to everyone else on their journey 🥰

@aspatat HIRE 👏 A 👏 COACH 👏

Seriously. You get to have a knowledgeable and objective third party make those tougher decisions for you. Having someone in your corner to give you macros and a training program is the best because you don't have to stress. You just execute.

@aspatat I'd break it up into 3-month blocks: In block 1, focus on calorie deficit & cardio with some strength-training to try and avoid losing muscle. Block 2, focus on maintenance calories or a little over and prioritize strength with some cardio just to maintain gains. Alternate. Add in a 1 week "recovery" in-between every block to give your body some rest and eat intuitively.

Mixing it up will A) make sure you're not in deficit too long, which is hard on your body B) make sure you build some muscles, which is what most people need to look good C) mentally ensure you don't get too bored/frustrated.

I wouldn't stress too much over the specifics of each block until you get there...too many changing variables to plan for a year from now.