16 Months to get a revenge body

@aspatat I love this goal! You can totally look hot in 16 months! I've found a lot of success recently doing 12-3-30 on the treadmill and then switching between arms and legs with lifting weights. And watch your diet!

@shrudude32 I used to be able to do 30 mins incline on 15 10ish years ago. Now it kills my knees even on 10-12 incline 🥲 OP just FYI if you try this and start getting any knee pain and wonder why… this could be why.

@audiovissual It could be individual for you. I have no problem and I do 10-15 inclines.
I do intervals, so on lower I go for 1 min and very fast then I go slow on high incline for 2 min. 30 min in total.
I am 53 years old. Started to go to gym 2 years ago

@aspatat 1) download LoseIt
2) start investing in yourself (get used to having your nails done. I do press ons from Walgreens that last 2-3 weeks!!), find what works best with your hair, skin, etc.
3) color analysis!! FIND YOUR PALETTE!!
4) find your kibbe body type and DRESS for your body!!
5) consume content that will teach you to be confident and maximize your natural energy. Looks will make him regret, but so will a grounded and happy woman!!!

Idk girl, but I wish you luck!!

@aspatat Eyes on the prize girl!! Every time you feel like giving up remind yourself how good it’s going to feel to walk into that room looking fine as hell.

I did strictly calories in / calories out for 2 months (500 cal deficit) and lost 11 lbs. Then I started gym. If I were you I’d do the same - cut first and then build up lean muscle to tone up. If I could go back to my cut phase I think I would have added in daily stretches and light yoga to prime my body for strength training.

Once you’re ready to build muscle I’d go for your “problem areas”. Mine are my arms, stomach, and side of my glutes. Lifting weights has helped tremendously but it is so much easier to stay motivated with less body fat because I can see the changes as they happen

@aspatat don't overdo it! a LOT can happen in 16 months on a reasonable workout routine and a small calorie deficit especially if you're working from ground zero. make a routine that you can keep consistently and is reasonable with your lifestyle. even a 20lb weight loss can have DRAMATIC effects if you do it right. you'd only need to lose .5 lbs/week to lose 34lbs which is a more than reasonable and sustainable timeline. just like,, don't go too hard on yourself or you WILL backslide

source: I went from 145 to 125 and now I'm at 175. so like just be careful that you're doing it sustainably. and build muscle at the same time you're losing

@moorels This is a good thing to mention. As you’re on this journey, you need to find something to focus on past the 16 months so you don’t have a hard rebound when the event is over. I always use vacations as deadlines and get great results, but I lose all my progress when I get home due to “vacation depression.” This time, I already have another vacation planned for next year to hopefully keep me going.

@aspatat So I'm 31, 5ft, beginning of 2023 I was 225lb. A year later I was 180lbs. I'm now 155lb.

I eat around 1500 calories a day. Do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day (sometimes I break it into three 10 min chunks) and strength train at least twice a week. I started with just 20 mins of cardio once a week and just kept adding to it.

I went from a size 16 pants to size 12. (I'm probably 10lbs away from a size 10)

Consistency is key. If you had a bad day, tomorrow is a fresh start.

@tobyp Not OP but I NEEDED this comment cause I’m 5ft, 185, work a desk job. It’s motivating to see people with similar stats. Nothing against them but I feel like I always see more petite girlies here that are not even close to the same as my body or situation which can be demotivating at times. So I always extra love seeing things from those I can relate a little more to.

@optimisticsoft Btw I do body weight squats and counter top push ups during my work day. Usually when I go to the bathroom. (Work has those roomy 1 single room style, not cubicle bathrooms). So do a bunch of body weight squats and then lean against the sink and do some push ups.

@tobyp I try to do the same a trainer that I went to a few times told me to do this every day doing it every day is hard but I’m really going to try to get on it doing little things like that really helped me in the past when I 🎈 up to 225

@elephas I only work 3 days a week. I aim for 100 squats a shift. Usually break it up into sets of 25. Been debating trying for 125. I started with just 5 reps of wall push ups for 4 sets. I'm now up to 7 reps of leaning against the sink push ups for 4 sets.

I also strength train with weights 2-3 times a week on my days off. I also try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio every day. On work days I do cheat a bit and I'll do a 20 minute HIIT work out plus 10k steps for my "30 mins"

@aspatat you go girl!!

Im also trying to lose weight in time for a family wedding this summer!

Im 5’3’ and i’ve only lost 3 pounds so far but I started recently LOL

I’m aiming for 1300 calories a day and just walking a lot more

Back