3-day split full body program

@malina22 I’d do that if I were you. Your rest times on the dumbbell compounds are quite short too, but you can see how those progress. Dumbbells are inherently more forgiving fatigue wise than barbells. But don’t be afraid to add more rest, if progression becomes hard there too.

5x5 is a great scheme for heavy barbell lifts, just not the deadlift.

@dawn16 ok 👍 so just the 3 sets and 5-10 reps for deadlift. and the rest times for the dumbbell compounds are a bit lower bc lower rest time improve muscle growth, so thats why i thought it would be good

@malina22 I’m only a beginner but I’ve learnt to build strength and a good frame you need to focus on compounds.

Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts, Overhead Press and Pull Ups/Rows. These are the main compounds, and the ones you should be doing.

Don’t waste time with too many isolations, save that when you’re experienced. The only isolations you should be doing from the start are Bicep Curls and something for Triceps, like extensions.

So all 5 of those compounds and Bicep and Tricep isolations will probably be the most effective for what you’re looking for.

I wouldn’t know how to split that into a 3 day. 4 would be easier so.
A: Squats, Bench, Pull Ups/Rows. Bicep
B: Deadlift, Shoulder Press, Sit Ups, Triceps.

That’s my routine

@malina22 Your routine is very intricate for a beginner. It will make you lose focus on the more important stuff. Stick to the main compounds I said, Focusing fully on them.
Search up the Big 5 compound lifts on google.
I’ve been told by numerous experienced lifters to focus on these and do not neglect them.
By sticking to these your workouts will be simple, less time consuming but extremely effective. You will get big from these.

@malina22 Yes that program that IronReaper suggested is perfect for you, simple but most effective.

Add a single bicep workout to A and a tricep workout to B so you don’t neglect arms.

I’ll be honest with you, you should do 4 days. 2 A workouts and 2 B workouts.

That way is most effective for recovery and evenly progressing.

@julian23 Tuesday:
A workout #1 + bicep curls

Thursday:
B workout #1 + tricep rope pushdown
(and 1h 30min football (soccer) training in evening)

Friday:
A workout #2 + hammer curls

Sunday:
B workout #2 + skullcrushers
(and 1h 30min football (soccer) training in evening)

@malina22 Sorry I’ve just seen this. Yes that is really good. You will get all your compounds and those isolations you added will really focus on biceps triceps and forearms. And yes throw calf raises in there.

Back