37 y/or male feeling dejected and hopeless following shoulder injury. Any feedback/help would be appreciated

@fausto1973 I had an issue where I developed thoracic outlet syndrome at the beginning of my weightlifting and exercise adventure. This was due to poor form, poor posture, and shoulder and back muscle imbalances. Basically doing overhead presses my body tried to compensate for the above resulting in an injury. I saw a physical therapist and eventually did accessory work that sounds very similar to yours. It really sucked because I felt I had just started to see progress and now i was doing things that while challenging felt useless towards my strength and fitness goals. I will say I was able to soldier through and begin doing some of the overhead and push excercises I was restricted from albeit at reduced intensity. Eventually though I have progressed beyond that point and continued where I left off and beyond. I don’t know how serious your problem compares but the physical therapists know what they are doing and sticking with the plan should get you back to where you want to be. If anything this experience has taught me to listen to my body and look for imbalances realizing that the path to a goal is not always straight and may require detours for accessory work. Good luck

@fausto1973 Dude had same exact thing at 33. Shrugged it off like you. Anyways PT did it for me (looked it up online and did at home) it was a long road but I did it. I had to mod workout going back like no OH presses and such but plenty of other ways to not stress that shoulder with a heavy load and work it.

Back