4th Year as a Vegan (3 years Veggie before that)

@artichowl Lifting ethos? Not quite sure what you mean by that one? For the longest time I did high intensity, maybe 1 - 3 sets per exercise taken to complete failure - inspired by TrainedbyJP, Dante Trudel, etc. About three months ago I got COVID and had to sit out for two weeks, upon return I wanted to try something new and decided to try high volume. I went from 13 - 15 sets per session to around 40 (over the course of a couple of weeks), but still training very heavy (four plate incline, etc), and using intensifiers like dropsets, rest-pause sets, giant sets, all those goodies. Acutely, the effects are certainly better - HOWEVER, this has only been two months, and it doesn't mean it's the single best way to train. I am currently responding good to it, but I recommend you do what you respond best to.

@qcontent Thanks for this. I appreciate the detailed response. By lifting ethos, this is what I was getting after. There are camps who like powerbuilding, others who like volume, the HIT crowd, and more.

Nailed it!

Back