5 consecutive days

rootsrockreggae

I’m looking for a 5 day split. I work 12 hour nights with an hour drive each way so in order to optimize recovery I am not able to train on my scheduled work days except for my 1st day since I don’t start work til later that evening.

So I am looking for a 5 day split that I can run on my days off. Currently I am doing upper/lower/upper/lower/arms/rest/rest/rest.

Is there any other splits you guys can suggest for my schedule? I was also thinking P/P/L/U/L/R/R/R

Or PPLPP RRR LPPLP RRR PLPPL RRR

Or U/L/R/U/L/R/R/R (not a fan of this because it makes for too many rest days in a cycle.

I know 3 consecutive rest days is not ideal but it is what I have to do for now so I would like to use my 5 available days to train and just want to figure out what my best option for a split is.

Thanks

@rootsrockreggae What is your work schedule like? You don't mention how those days are scheduled.

If you're looking into a situation where you work for 3 days and have 4 days off, then that's perfectly fine. I would consider a 2+3 split for 5 days instead of a rotating 3 split. Or even just a 2-split. A traditional upper / lower could also be run on that kind of schedule eg ULxULxx

@guaguar So my work schedule is 4 days on 4 days off. My 1st day back to work starts at 7pm so I have time to train that day as well but the following 3 day I come home and only have enough time to shower sleep and eat before I’m heading out the door again.

Can you explain what you mean by a 2+3 split? Is that like upper/lower +ppl? Can I do that 5 days straight without a rest day in between and just take 3 consecutive rest days after