5 month booty progress [x-post r/strongcurves]

erika1977

Before and After

Never had a tiny butt to begin with, but I certainly felt like I needed to add shape and lift (and volume doesn't hurt :p).

I have been lifting on and off for 2 or 3 years, but I've only seriously been consistently lifting and doing glute workouts for 6 months. After photo was taken in early december.

I am 5'2, 25F, Asian / slim body type.
Starting Hip Thrust Weight: 60lbs Current Thrust: 140lbs.

Left: 106 lbs, Right: 120lbs

@erika1977 Out of curiousity, how did the rest of your body composition change with the 14 lbs weight gain? Do you think you put on any fat in addition to the glute muscle growth? If so, where/how do you usually carry your fat?

(I'm a total apple-shaped Asian lady, so I'm hoping your progress might be attainable for me too!)

@happy2serve I've got a little more pudge around my midsection than usual right now, but I was 123 lbs a couple of years ago when I went down to 106lbs before any lifting and I carry this fat better than I did back then. I tend to carry my weight around the lower belly and thighs either way, so I'm sort of appleshaped even though my waist stays pretty small (25").

I definitely put on some fat -- cannot fathom that I put on 14lbs of pure muscle lol There was just no way for me to lift as hard as I do and also worry about calorie intake -- counting calories is exhausting enough without adding a 3-4x week gym session (my personal opinion). Now that I can see a before & after picture and point to something and say "That looks better than it did before" I can restrict calories and cut feeling like I've accomplished something.

I don't know if I've answered your question at all. :)

@dawn16 Barbell banded hip thrusts 10x4 superset with hip abductions from the bands around your legs

RDL 8x3

Sumo DL 8x3

Machine Hip abductions 15x3 (70lbs) SS leaning forward hip abduction 15x3 (130lbs)

Cable straight leg kickback 15x2 SS cable donkey kicks 15x2

Zero squats. And 100g protein daily!

@erika1977 Just to clarify you are writing this out as reps x sets, correct? So 4 sets of 10 reps, 3 sets of 8 reps, etc... The way you wrote it reads 10 sets of 4 reps, 8 sets of 3 reps, 15 sets of 3 reps...

Great progress! Thank you for sharing!