M/38/5'8 [178lbs to 148lbs] 11-month progress

@shinzm Nice work man. I’m 5’9” currently 168lbs. 28% trunk fat and 17% everywhere else. Got deca scan done. My biceps now at 14. I’m Trying to go under 15% bf. Last time I hit 14% bf at 150lbs. Then I bulked and gained more fat than muscles lol

@tzeyen Hell yeah! We are super similar measurements!

Sounds like you know what to do to lose the weight, keep up that work.

I also still haven't mastered the 'bulking without getting fat' thing haha. You are probably like me and gain weight stupid easily.

I think I want to get my arms a half inch or so bigger but not sure I want to push too much harder on upper body. Really want to get abs more popping and then anything to get my glutes up. My calves and quads are pretty decent but my glutes are terrible. Can't seem to ever get them to grow.

@shinzm It is so hard for me to gain weight. I have super fast metabolism. I lose 2lbs a week like nothing. But when I was gaining it took forever to put on 20lbs (like 6-8months). I said 68 months because after 6 months no matter how much I ate my body refused to gain. So around 175ish I decided to make a U turn plus my belly was looking ugly lol. I got Dexa June 14. I was 168. Today June 21st I’m 165 already. lol. Overall 23% bF to 22%.

What your workout routine looks like?

@shinzm How do you balance your lifting and soccer? Do you modify your calorie intake to account for the play time? I play a sport and it has always been a struggle to balance legs and the game.

@manvsocd I probably do a terrible job managing it. I play once a week, so it's probably not a big deal but idk. I usually skip a leg day and make sure I take a rest day immediately after the day I play soccer. Currently injured so not doing leg day or soccer :'(

Back