Advice for my split

maxdspl

So I have been working out for a little over three months on this split (m: rest t: legs w: back bicep core th: Chest shoulders triceps f: rest sa: chest shoulderd tricep su: back bicep core) I am a 29 year old 170 pound male and a full time painter and i have noticed gains, I'm up from 150 pounds but I just was wondering if you guys thought my split looked OK or could use some tweaking as I made it myself. I feel like iv oversimplified some muscle groups and I'm not sure how to address that. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Sorry if this isn't the right sub for this, bodybuilding advice has never let me post it just throws some error oddly.

@dayisdone I have thought about switching the Saturday and Sunday around to give the muscle at least two days to rest so I think it's probably a good idea also. Thanks.

@maxdspl i personally recomand 3-6 set per day and 10-12 per week for each important muscle group.

and i think u shouldn't enirely give up on free weight cause they making stablizer muscles stronger and it reduces injury against machines

@overcoming1 I feel called out on the free wieghts thing lol, I do tend to go cable machines so I should work on free weights more. Thanks for the advice I think I might be doing just slightly to much volume.

@maxdspl You’re basically doing PPL but skipping every second leg day. Unless your legs are extremely overdeveloped compared to your upper body you should probably do more for legs. I’d either switch to a proper 5-day PPL split and rotate the workouts or if you want more weekly consistency an Upper Lower PPL split would be good too.

@kashiek No there not overdeveloped so I think I'll switch to a rotating system similar to what I'm doing now but with a day switched to legs so two a week for half the month and switching sat and sun with eachother. Thanks for the tips

@maxdspl You're doing one day of legs and four days upper body. And training chest/tris/ shoulders back to back. Makes zero sense at all.

Given that I'd also post your exercises sets and reps as you may need help there too

Back