Advice needed, did I hit my genetic ceiling?

gwpga17

Background: I was very thin person until I started working out 5 years, I started focusing mainly on weight lifting 2 years ago and getting more serious in terms of exercise and diet. I am 28 y/o. 176 cm and currently sitting at 10-12% body fat, I cannot grow muscles even though I lift more than many bigger people in my gym, I eat 100-120 grams of protein every day, I am in ~20% cal surplus, train 4-5 times a week with near failure to most of my set. For example I can bench 80 kgs (including bar) but my chest is not responding, same for my biceps; I can easily curl 27 kgs but have smaller arms than many of my friends.

No progress have been made for the last 6 months in terms of body composition, even though am increasing the intensity of my routine every month and do other sports on the side (running, cycling).

Here are my stats & pic in terms of body composition (not sure how these machines are accurate), am starting to get really frustrated and feel am wasting my time, I know people who use ''meds'' and are just fine but I don't think this is the right/healthy way longterm.

Anyone was/is in the same situation? what did you do? I really appreciate the advice :)

TLDR: 176 cm, 72-74 kgs, 38 y male, 10-12% body fat, BMI 23-24, training split 4-5 times, with failure, no progress.

@gwpga17 First commenter has a good point.

I recommend changing how you are training. If you are doing the same time of workouts the whole time, your body will plateau.

I'd recommend trying full body (instead of the split) and not training to near failure. The number of reps/sets needs to be varied every few weeks or so to get the best results.

Back