Advice on workouts to lean out a bit (a bit too muscley rn)

hummel2

hello! I’m new here so sorry if this goes against your rules and what not but I’m looking for some fitness advice.

I workout everyday and I feel like I’ve gotten quite quad-y and I’m a bit more muscle-y than I’d ideally like to be. Quite insecure about my thicc quads atm. Im at 15% ish body fat so it’s the muscle that is bulking me :/ Is there any workout routines you guys would suggest to lean out a bit more?

Admittedly I do legs/glutes every day but that is mostly because I lost the genetic lottery and my butt would be fully concave without it. This is my current workout situation:
  • warm up w a 10 minute treadmill run/jog
  • hit legs/glutes (usually use 20lb dumbbells - RDLs, weighted hip thrusts w 55 lbs, squats, reverse lunges, things of that sort)
  • abs (typically involves a 10lb dumbbell.. weighted jack knife, weighted dead bugs, starfish crunches, Russian twists, etc.)
  • end w 5-10 mins of some sort of cardio (jump rope or a jog usually)
The only thing is I kinda hate doing cardio for too long bc I get bored affffff on the treadmill. Like I be so bored in those 10 minutes…

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Also now that I have y’all here, how long do y’all typically work out in a day? I never used to work out so idk what is normal. Typically I do an hour every day.

@hummel2 Personally depending on the muscle day, it’d range from 1hr-2hr max, 1hr minimum. Muscle does not indicate on how much your body fat is. Keep in mention body weight and body fat are two different things. It’d be very unlikely that the muscle is bulking you, usually it’s only because of your diet so I’d look more into it. In terms of working out, I’d do more research on exercises and routine that’d hit your arms, back etc once or twice a week.

No workout routines will make you leaner other than your diet.

Back