Aggressive cut at 16?

joycekil

So I’m 16 and pretty short at 5’6-5’7 and weigh roughly around 170lbs 22% body fat with a good amount of muscle foundation. I was wondering if I could aggressive cut for a month and not have a severe impact on my height growth. Obviously it won’t last too long and I’ll still achieve around 0.8-1g of protein per body weight. Would I be able to?

@joycekil The more aggressive a cut, the more likely you are to lose muscle, even keeping with the protein goal and lifting (I assume you are lifting).

So I personally wouldn't. You're still young and you have the potential to grow taller. So what I would personally do is just make sure you're eating a healthy diet and maintain your weight or slowly cut. If you have the potential to end up being 6', you'll grow into your weight. If you're thinking you'll be shorter, a slow steady loss would be better.

Also, make sure you get your SLEEP. That's when you do your growing.

@joycekil Pretty much. And lifting! Make sure you keep lifting.

But don't think of cardio as relating to weight loss. You should do some cardio that you enjoy because it's good for your health.

@joycekil Question, just outside your question, why you doing aggressive cuts at 16? Like what's the end goal? You compete or something like that?

@pmcr63 Never been able to stick to a diet for a long period of time and I heard about it on social media and was just asking questions here to gain more information. Also if you can give me some tips on how to stay consistent with dieting that would be much appreciated!

Back