An experiment: weight fluctuations - comments welcome

marks1mpson

Hey girls! So I wanted to share something that’s happened to me over the past couple of weeks.
So this time two weeks ago I weighed 2.4kg less than I do today! My clothes feel tighter and I genuinely feel denser.
I know realistically you can’t gain this much weight in such a short period of time but I have definitely noticed myself fall into the disheartened trap.
The reality is I was getting mentally fatigued by being in a deficit so if u am being 100% honest with myself, I took myself up to maintenance and perhaps slightly over for approximately a week.
I am aware of water weight, glycogen stores and general fluctuations due to my cycle etc but I can’t help feel downhearted. I’m giving myself a bunch of compassion and dose of optimism though and thought I would share a little experiment with you all in case you were interested this being: what happens to my weight if I take myself back down to deficit calories this week?

Day 1: ⬇️ 0.88 lbs from yesterday’s weight (W)
Day 2: ⬇️ 1.1 lbs from Monday’s weight (T)
Day 3: ⬇️1.1 lbs from Monday’s weight (F)
Day 4: ⬇️ 2.64 lb from Monday’s weight (S)
Day 5: ⬇️0.88 lbs from yesterday’s weight
Day 6: ⏸️ same as Monday’s weight (M)
Day 7: ⬇️ 3.08 from Monday’s weight (T)

@marks1mpson Anything could happen in one week. Sometimes I feel like the weather affects my day to day weight.

If I ever feel like I'm really stuck I compare month to month weight and that usually is more interesting.